While many pest control tasks are easy and inexpensive to do yourself, some will require the job of a pro. Most apartments in Phuket have their fair share of unwanted critters. Not only can pests leave behind toxic messes and contribute to allergies, they can potentially damage the structure of your apartment. This article will give you a guide.
Where are they coming from?
Each season comes with new inhabitants, and they usually come in groups. The sightings of such bugs like ants, spiders, mosquitoes and termites usually mean that there is outside access to the inside of your apartment. Preventing pests from coming in, and paying attention to seasonal problems, is often the first step in preventing a major pest issue.
Over-the-Counter Pest Control
DIY pesticides can kill pests as well as prevent them from entering your unit. Most manufacturers recommend spraying obvious openings around doors and windows. Be sure to get other less-visible points of entry like where the pipes enter the apartment such as under the sink. This can prevent infestations from happening in the first place. Be sure you are aware of the health risks to you family and pets with the chemicals you’re using, follow directions and take all the necessary safety precautions.
- Pests are usually looking for food. Keeping your kitchen and eating areas clean gives pests one less reason to raid your apartment.
- Store all trash in bins with a lid and remove trash on a regular basis.
- Ensure that your screened door and windows are in good repair.
- Keep branches and foliage trimmed and away from the apartment. Very often pests enter the unit through plants, trees and shrubs.
When to Call a Professional
In Phuket, pests can be overwhelming for self-treatment. Infestation could cause serious damage to your home and many pest control contractors use high-tech equipment and chemicals that are safe for children and pets, and will leave your apartment pest free.
The benefits of hiring a pro are the guarantee of all equipment and services, and peace of mind knowing they are trained to handle a variety of situations. Pest control professionals are intimately familiar with the various species of pests, their life cycles, and living habits.
In Phuket, pests like carpenter ants, termites, or rats, can do serious structural damage to your unit.
Local Phuket Pest Control Companies
Pest Guard – http://www.pestguard.co.th – Khun Nirat – 089 652 0773
Rentokil – http://www.rentokil.co.th/en/pest-control-phuket/ – 088 003 4758
Creepy Crawley Pest Control – http://www.thailandpestcontrol.com/pest-control-thailand/phuket-pest-control.html – 083 050 3204
De Land Housing Service – http://www.delandhousingservice.com/ – 076 244 789
Latest posts by G. Carlson (see all)
- Tips To Save Money When Building Your Own House In Phuket Thailand - October 6, 2017
- When Selling your Apartment make sure to Create Appeal - July 24, 2017
- Phuket Condominium Fair Market Value - June 29, 2017